We are delighted that our friends from Reed Technology will be exhibiting at ABA TECHSHOW April 4-6 at Booth 503. You should make a point to visit them because:
- They'll be giving away Amazon gift certificates every four hours
- They'll be flying their helicopter (John's favorite part)
- They are demonstrating their new product called SM@RT (more on that below)
- They are really nice guys
More info on SM@RT:
- Social Media/Real Time (code name ‘SM@RT’): SM@RT is a new product that will be previewed at ABA TECHSHOW 2013. SM@RT allows users to search social media content using a very familiar search-like metaphor. Users of SM@RT enter any keywords – names, phrases, terms - then select ‘SEARCH’ and SM@RT will return the Tweets and Facebook Posts that contain those terms. Users can select the number of Tweets and FB Posts to be returned. On subsequent searches, a user can request Older or Newer Tweets/Posts, thereby providing the ability to monitor messages forward and backward in time. Tweets/Posts can be reviewed by clicking on the Item Type field and in total or selectively added to the archive. A user can select the Search criteria and configure SM@RT to search social media automatically on a periodic basis. In addition, to the SM@RT tool, increased capabilities in the capture of public Twitter and Facebook accounts will also be previewed at ABA TECHSHOW. Capturing social media content via the application programming interfaces (API) facilitates capture of critical metadata that all social media platforms collect.
- Single URL monitoring: Scheduled Pages allow specific web pages to be captured on a periodic basis. A Scheduled Page is specified by a URL and only the page that responds to the URL will be archived. Clients have the ability to schedule capture of webpages from every 15 minutes to a monthly basis and coupled with the page change and/or keyword alert functionality provides for a powerful monitoring platform.
- Capture of syndicated social media-content using RSS: Custom Feeds allows the user to connect any RSS or ATOM feed directly to the archiving system. In practice, the system acts as an RSS reader polling each connected RSS or ATOM feed approximately every 20 minutes. The system will initiate an archive for the URL of each page that arrives from the RSS feed. This feature is useful in capturing blog posts as well as social media content for a variety of purposes. Coupling RSS capture with our keyword alert features, provides users with the ability to monitor content in an automated fashion.
They promised to let John drive the helicopter - alas, they knew better than that to make the same offer to me. Not only are they nice guys, but smart guys too.
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 703-359-0700